ISAAC Canada is again offering a few scholarships to be awarded to people who use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC). The scholarships will help fund the recipients to attend the 2016 Conference of the International Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (ISAAC) from August 6 – August 13, 2016, in Toronto, ON. For more information go to https://www.isaac-online.org/english/conference-2016/
ISAAC is an organization devoted to advancing the field of AAC. The aim of the conference is to broadly discuss many AAC issues and the highlight is the presentation of instructional courses by AAC users. ISAAC 2016 will also feature displays showing the latest in assistive technology, services, an AAC users stream of presentations, research findings and information related to AAC. The theme of this conference is “Bringing Us Together!”. It is also a wonderful opportunity to interact with people from all over the world. This conference stimulates friendships and inspires ideas that develop into initiatives and partnerships.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Have augmentative communication needs / require AAC
- Live in Canada / be a Canadian
- Be an ISAAC Canada member or applying for membership
This scholarship will fund:
- $500 toward the cost of the conference or travel expenses incurred (Note: this amount may increase depending on the number of applicants)
To apply for a scholarship, please submit the following information:
(maximum 2 pages double spaced)
- Personal introduction (describe yourself and provide contact information including full mailing address and e-mail).
- Tell us what challenges you face as an individual who uses AAC.
- Tell us how the ISAAC conference will help you to overcome some of these challenges.
- Are you presenting at the ISAAC 2016 conference?About what topic?
- What other goals do you have for attending this conference?
Submissions will be accepted on audiotape, written essay or video and should be sent by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Tracy Hunt, President – ISAAC Canada,
165 Ferris Lane, Barrie, Ontario, L4M 2Y1
Phone – 705-725-1500, Fax – 705-719-2405
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 15, 2016. Decisions will be announced by: May 1, 2016.
Also be aware of these other awards and scholarship opportunities available through ISAAC International’s website at www.isaac-online.org/english/conference-2016/awards-scholarships/